Our recap of the 2020 Cafe2U Conference, including a rundown of the event and our award winners.
Our recap of the
2020 Cafe2U Conference, including a rundown of the event and our award winners.
On this year’s leap year day, February 29th, the Cafe2U Conference was held at the Coffeesmiths Collective HQ in London. The impressive venue was the perfect backdrop for the UK’s leading coffee franchise’s annual event, giving the full estate a chance to meet, mingle and celebrate another fantastic year.
The event also provided the opportunity to showcase the major projects Cafe2U has been working on since last year's Conference, specifically:
- A brand refresh
- A new Cafe2U App
- A new electric power generated Cafe2U vans
The Day Itself
As guests arrived, they had the opportunity to see one of the market-leading new battery-powered vans which feature the refreshed branding, and enjoy a cup of coffee - expertly made by Dumo and Richard of Coffeesmiths and Jon Skinner of Cafe2U.
Goodie bags were also handed out - which included complimentary Cafe2U branded tops and umbrellas - just before CEO Martyn Ward kicked off the Conference with his opening speech. After giving a warm welcome to guests, Martyn went on to discuss the key messaging for 2020, declaring how we need to get ‘back to basics’ and refocus on doing what the business does best.
After Martyn’s speech, three workshops were run for our franchisees:
- An expert coffee-making skills class run by Dumo and Richard
- Appoly gave a live demonstration of the new Cafe2U app
- Guided tours of the new van
After this, the attendees had more opportunities to chat before the day was rounded off with a dinner and the annual awards ceremony at a local Italian restaurant.
- Abi Ward - Cafe2U Castle Donington - in recognition of her charitable work through the year
- Sean Friedberg in recognition of his contribution and input to trialling battery power in Cafe2U vans.
Franchise Partner of
- Matthew and Kelly Harrison - Worthy winners of this award, who can enjoy a trip for two to Vienna.
Outstanding Achievement Award
- Gary and Rachel Wilson - Cafe2U Bristol North
Supreme Bean of the
- Dan Elsey - Cafe2U Chesterfield West
- Gary and Jo Bonnick - Cafe2U Ashford
- Ian Esslemont - Cafe2U Guildford
- Andrea Whitaker - Cafe2U Waterlooville
Barista of the Year
- Angela Bakun - Cafe2U Merton
- Runners up were Eduardo Calatayud and Jay Huang
Grossing Single Event
- Tony and Carol - Cafe2U Milton Keynes Central
Cafe2U Top Launch of the Year
- Awarded to FDM Mustafa Dol - Cafe2U Ashford launch
This article was brought to you courtesy of Cafe2U